Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 25: CALL THE GENDARME, WE WERE ROBBED!!!

Before my wife freaks out, this is funny, I am fine, my stuff is accounted for, there really is no big problem here.

So it rained last night. Not unusual here. Heard voices talking outside this morning and so walked into the back yard. The person I am renting a room from was talking to Monique next to the two outside sinks that serve as laundry facility, cleaning area, etc. The water was running in those two sinks non-stop, and my landlord told me there is no water pressure in the house. 

In the middle of the night, in the middle of a thunderstorm, someone had stolen the two cheap faucets that turn the water on and off in those outdoor sinks, and the water was draining out the large black cistern that supplies the house. 
The missing items look like this:
They stole nothing else. Just two very expensive faucets that probably cost $5 each. So now I get to take a bucket shower and pee on a tree in the corner of the yard until we can get a couple taps.

Alright then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment